The Cisco 2800 series of integrated services routers offers secure, wire-speed delivery of concurrent data, voice, and video services. The modular design of the Cisco 2800 series routers provides maximum flexibility, allowing you to configure your router to meet evolving needs. The Cisco 2800 series routers incorporate data, security, and voice services in a single system for fast, scalable delivery of crucial business applications. Cisco 2800 series offer features such as hardware-based VPN encryption acceleration, intrusion-protection and firewall functions, and optional integrated call processing and voice mail. The routers offer a wide variety of network modules and interfaces, voice digital signal processor (DSP) slots, high-density interfaces for a wide range of connectivity requirements, and sufficient performance and slot density for future network expansion requirements and advanced applications.
The Cisco 2800 series consists of four versions. The Cisco 2801 routers and Cisco 2811 routers are one rack unit in height and have two 10/100 LAN ports. The more powerful Cisco 2821 routers and Cisco 2851 routers are two rack units in height and have two 10/100/1000 LAN ports. The higher-end router platforms of the Cisco 2800 series offer increased performance, increased slot density including network module slots ad extension voice module slots and increased inline power output.
1. Front View of a Cisco 2801 Router
2. Front View of a Cisco 2811Router
3. Front View of a Cisco 2821 or Cisco 2851 Router
Features of Cisco 2800 router includes:
* Built-in security
* Cisco Configuration Professional (CCP) for simplified management
* A modular platform with a broad range of interface options
* Up to 2 10/100/1000 Mbps built-in routed ports
* Up to 64 10/100 Mbps switch ports with optional Power over Ethernet (PoE), for providing DC power to network devices such as IP phones
* Up to 1500 VPN tunnels
* Cisco Call Manager Express (CME) call-processing support for up to 96 Cisco IP phone users
* Cisco Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST) support for up to 96 Cisco IP phone users, allowing the router to provide call-processing functionality to keep voice service in operation should the connection to Cisco CME be lost
* Support for wireless LAN standards 802.11a/b/g
* Support for a Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) port for Gigabit Ethernet (except 2801)
* Built-in redundant power supply connector (except 2801)
The Cisco 2800 comprises four new platforms: Cisco 2801, Cisco 2811, Cisco 2821, and Cisco 2851. The Cisco 2801 routers and Cisco 2811 are one rack unit in height and have two 10/100 LAN ports. The more powerful Cisco 2821 and Cisco 2851 routers are two rack units in height and have two 10/100/1000 LAN ports.
The Cisco router 2800 Series provides significant additional value compared to prior generations of Cisco routers at similar price points by offering up to a fivefold performance improvement, up to a tenfold increase in security and voice performance, new embedded service options, and dramatically increased slot performance and density while maintaining support for most of the more than 90 existing modules that are available today for the Cisco 1700, Cisco 2600, and Cisco 3700 Series.
Notes: More information of Cisco 2800 series(Cisco 2800 Series Routers Models Comparison 2801 2811 2821 2851) you can check at router-switch.com, such as specs, features, warranty, and security, purchasing and price details of Cisco 2800 routers available.