Cisco Catalyst 2960 Series, Cisco usually divide them into two main groups: Cisco Catalyst 2960-S and 2960 Series Switches, which are fixed-configuration access switches designed for enterprise, midmarket, and branch office networks to provide lower total cost of ownership.
The Cisco Catalyst2960-S Series Switches include new Cisco FlexStack switch stacking capability with 1 and 10 Gigabit connectivity, and Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) with the Cisco Catalyst 2960 Switches offering fast Ethernet access connectivity and PoE capabilities.
As the leading Layer 2 edge, Cisco Catalyst 2960-S and 2960 Series Switches provide improved ease of use, highly secure business operations, improved sustainability, and a borderless network experience.
The Cisco Catalyst 2960 Series Switches with LAN Base software offer the following:
1. Dual-purpose uplinks for Gigabit Ethernet uplink flexibility, allowing use of either a copper or fiber uplink; each dual-purpose uplink port has one 10/100/1000 Ethernet port and one
2. SFP-based Gigabit Ethernet port, with one port active at a time
3. 24 or 48 ports of Fast Ethernet desktop connectivity
4. PoE configurations with up to 15.4W per port
5. A wide range of software features to provide ease of operation, highly secure business operations, sustainability, and a borderless networking experience
6. Limited lifetime hardware warranty
For the Cisco Catalyst 2960-S Series, What’s new as follows:
a. 10 and 1 Gigabit Ethernet uplink flexibility with Small Form-Factor Pluggable Plus (SFP+), providing business continuity and fast transition to 10 Gigabit Ethernet
b. 24 or 48 ports of Gigabit Ethernet desktop connectivity
c. Cisco FlexStack stacking module with 40 Gbps of throughput, allowing ease of operation with single configuration and simplified switch upgrade
d. PoE+ with up to 30W per port that allows you to support the latest PoE+ capable devices
e. Power supply options, with 740W or 370W fixed power supplies for PoE+ switches are available
f. USB storage for file backup, distribution, and simplified operations
g. A wide range of software features to provide ease of operation, highly secure business operations, sustainability, and a borderless network experience
h. Limited lifetime hardware warranty, including next-business-day replacement with 90-day service and support
Details of Some Cisco 2960 Switch Models